Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recap: My third week of Whole30

DSCN6925
Monday Basil pesto balsamic chicken skewers 
review:  The pesto smelled great while I made it, looked beautiful on the food, but when we sat down to eat, we could barely taste anything.  Regardless of how green our food was, the flavor wasn't there.  I would like to try again with a different pesto recipe in the future.  In the front is zucchini, then two skewers of chicken, then a skewer of mushrooms in the back.


Tuesday Citrus shrimp skewers and mashed cauliflower
We had were having a new patio door being installed and it turned into a giant fiasco.  I skipped cooking dinner and ate some leftover spaghetti squash with chicken meatballs for dinner instead.


DSCN6936
Wednesday Citrus shrimp skewers and grilled asparagus
review:  I love shrimp.  I love how quickly they thaw out in a little water, I love how quickly they pick up flavors of a marinade and I loooove how quickly they cook :)  This marinade was simple to throw together and tasty.  I tossed the asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper.  We each had a skewer of shrimp and I ate all the asparagus myself!  It tasted so good! 


Thursday- At U.S.Cellular field for a Chicago White Sox game -  I had a chicken sandwich sans bun and coleslaw.  I may have eaten too many cherries on the way home, but I had to stay awake somehow ;)


DSCN6962
Friday - salad from Sabrosa in Roscoe, IL... love this restaurant, they are so nice and easily accommodated my goofy order


Saturday - In Iowa for TOMRV - I had fruit, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, chicken and roast beef at the banquet.  I got nagged by other riders to eat more carbs... ice-cream, pasta, dessert but I resisted.


Sunday - Salad, I was so tired and needed something easy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment