Sunday, June 17, 2012

Recap: My fourth and final week of Whole30 (for now)


Monday Beyond easy pulled pork  with green bean bacon bundles (minus brown sugar)
review: so super delicious,  I didn't make the green beans, and I didn't take a picture... I was too lazy and hungry LOL  



DSCN7124
Tuesday Rosemary lemon chicken with grilled asparagus
review: so delicious!  I just loooove grilled asparagus!  The chicken was delightful as well... easy, fast and delicious!  My favorite combination after an 11 hour day at the office.



Wednesday Grilled pork chops with peach salsa and roasted beets
I didn't end up making this, we ate leftovers and headed out to the home improvement store :)  Am I ever going to make this?  I keep moving it to next weeks menu ;)



DSCN7065
Thursday- Tacos with bib lettuce "shells" guacamole and chopped black olives
review: so super easy and delicious, I definitely love eating my tacos on bib lettuce!  Who ever thought I would give up my corn tortillas so easy??



review:  so easy and delicious... is there anything better than dinner being done when you walk in the door??  Sorry, but I tore it up too fast and didn't get a photo... it wasn't that that pretty anyways LOL


DSCN7086
Saturday - Father's Day dinner out with Jay's Dad
review:  we had dinner at Franchesco's and I had the Strawberry & Mango salad with pancetta wrapped scallops on the side.  The picture isnt very appetizing, but it was very delicious... so was the Tiramisu that I shared with my mom ;)



Sunday - It's Father's Day!  Rib Eye Steaks with Chipotle Butter  (minus brown sugar on mine!)  My dad is coming over for dinner and I will make baked potatoes for the boys, sweet potato for me. I will grill some zucchini for myself and have chocolate cake pops for Dad & Jay to enjoy made by my friend Candi
review:  I totally forgot about the chipotle butter!  The steaks were so delicious and so were the cake pops!!! :)

So here's my report on Whole30... I feel great!!  I have been sleeping really well and have a lot of energy.  My skin has cleared up quite a bit and my clothes are baggy.  I haven't been working out much because I have been working long days at the office.  I am so happy with my physical changes... I lost 10lbs in 4 weeks of Whole30.  My plan for the future is to keep the basic principals of Paleo and have an occasional beer or two.  I am also going to have some quinoa once in awhile because I like it!  


I am so happy I went on this elimination diet as it helped me develop a much healthier relationship with food.  The weigh loss was a bonus, and I really hope it continues!!!  I can feel myself becoming more confident and comfortable in my skin.  My goal is to lose 30 more pounds to be at an ideal weight for my height.  With some hard work I will hopefully be there by the end of 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment