Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mandy's Menu Recap


Monday - Simple grilled chicken breasts and grilled asparagus with our favorite grill seasoning
review: Jason cooked this himself and got it done just in time for me to get home from work.  I think food tastes even better when someone else cooks:)  Sorry I've been slacking on my pics!



Tuesday - Coffee pot roast ( I am just going to take a seasoned chuck roast and throw it in the crock pot with strong coffee with two cloves smashed garlic)
review:  I am LOVING crock pot days!  Still slacking on the photos... I think it has to do something with the loong days I have been working ;)




DSCN7129
Wednesday - Farm fresh bratwurst on the grill with roasted bell peppers stuffed with quinoa (minus the corn & cheese)
review:  again, feeling so tired from work and I didn't even stuff the pepper with the quinoa.  I just grilled the pepper and ate it by itself.  There is something to be said about having a simple meal without alot of work or ingredients.  Simply quinoa with some fresh chopped parsley from my garden.




DSCN7134
ThursdaySmoking hot pork tacos served in bib lettuce "shells"
review:  My new favorite!  Easy paste made in the food processor in just a minute, then rubbed on the meat and thrown in the crock pot.  I didn't marinate.. just cooked right away.  This fed us for many days and was so flavorful.  I may just cook this every week!




DSCN7148
Friday  Pizza stuffed sweet potatoes leftover smoking hot pork!  :)  
review: perfect Friday night dinner!!!  Shared a cold beer with my honey and chowed down.  The crock pot is my new best friend :)

Saturday -  Grilled pork chops with peach salsa and grilled beets 
'DOH!  Still didn't make this dinner!  I am taking it off the rotation for the time being... it must not be meant to be.  We were out and about and ate fast food :(  I am so ashamed.



Sunday - Charcoal rotisserie chicken and grilled butternut squash - 
We ended up having some burgers we picked up at Whole Foods.  Did I take a picture? NOPE.  The burgers were good, I would get them again for an easy, cheap dinner.

Week in review: I let go a little bit and had some beer, a tiny bit of dairy, and some quinoa.  I didn't eat as many vegetables or salads.  I am going to really work on that for next week for sure.  Also, I will quit complaining about how much I am working and how tired I am... its life and I need to get.over.it!  I didn't lose any additional weight, but I didn't gain any either.  Here's to trying to be more strict during the week and letting a little loose on the weekend, but no more fried food!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment