Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mandy's Menu Recap


Monday Pizza stuffed sweet potatoes for me & homemade pepperoni pizza for Jay
review:  this was ok, I guess it was better than just eating a plain sweet potato ;)


DSCN7214
Tuesday - Polish Kielbasa Beef Sausage and sauerkraut in the crock pot
review:  I got this sausage from US Wellness Meats.  It is sugar free, nitrate free and msg free.  I put it in the crock pot with a jar of imported sauerkraut for three hours on low just to warm through and meld the flavors. I didn't really care for the sausage at all, it didn't taste at all like Polish Sausage to me. I was slightly disappointed.


DSCN7208
Wednesday - Grass Fed Bison Burgers with grilled beets
review:  This meat is also from US Wellness Meats!  I shaped four patties, seasoned each side with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and pan fried them.  I loved the flavor of the meat.  We will definitely will be ordering this again :)



ThursdayChicken Tortilla-less soup
My nephew Austin spent the evening with us so we moved up the Flank Steak and had it with potatoes and corn on the cob.  My buddy loooooves steak:)



Friday  Herb Crusted Pork Chops (with unsweetened coconut instead of panko) and Oven Roasted Broccoli
We were at Summerfest and feasted on Mexican food:  quesidillas and tamales



Saturday -  Flank Steak with sweet potato and spinach salad
We were in Schaumburg picking up our bikes and on a IKEA trip, so we ate out



Sunday - spending the day with Dad, so I am guessing we will be chowing down there :)
I picked up Portillos for everyone since I was in Sycamore!!

I have to get back to eating more on my whole foods plan... I have been falling off the wagon lately... I think after the 4th of July it will be easier to be back on track!!









No comments:

Post a Comment