Monday, May 21, 2012

On the Menu ~ week of May 21


I started the Whole30 Program this week!
The


What this means that I am on a strict diet that is free of grains, dairy, alcohol, added sugar, white potatoes and processed foods for the next 30 days.  I will be eating WHOLE foods to my hearts content including meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds.  I hope to see positive changes in my energy levels, digestion, skin, sleep and concentration in the next month. That's a lot to ask isn't it?


My plan after the 30 days are over is to incorporate some things back into my life such as:  an occasional beer, some gluten free baking with natural sweeteners and some cheese.  You may think this sounds like Primal Eating or a Paleo lifestyle and you would be right, however I choose not to label myself with those terms.  I choose to say that I eat whole, fresh, nutritious foods.  I am mostly interested in getting healthy foods in my body and not worry so much about if they were paleolithic or neolithic.  I'm reallllly not into dogma.


My husband has not changed the way he eats, so I carefully choose meals that he will enjoy the meat and he can supplement with brown rice, baked potato, quinoa or other easy starch. 


I will keep you posted on how I feel, in the meantime here is the plan for eating this week :)


Monday - Rosemary Roasted Chicken with mashed cauliflower and asparagus


Tuesday - Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Meatballs served with Rao's Marinara and roasted carrots


Wednesday - Hamburger w/avocado and Green Bean and Shittake Stir Fry


Thursday- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp and Asian slaw


Friday - Herb Crusted Pork Chops and Oven Roasted Broccoli


Saturday - Sausage and Spinach stuffed portabello mushrooms


Sunday - Grilled Flank Steak, herb mashed cauliflower and veggie kabobs





No comments:

Post a Comment